September 15, 2012

Alaska Magazine


   
     I just received the latest issue of Alaska Magazine and was happy to see one of my photos as a two page "Alaska Exposed" layout!
    I took this photo during one of the photo safaris I lead for Alaska Wildland Adventures. This was taken on a beach in Aialik Bay. I really was drawn to the variety of colors in this washed up sea weed and I loved the reflections on the wet rocks. Trying to make the image a little more interesting, I set up on a tripod and made a long exposure of several seconds so I could show the motion of the small waves going in and out of the composition. That's the ghost-like blur you can see throughout the image.
    It's always a special treat to be featured in the magazine that shows off this amazing state and has such a talented pool of photographers to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment