October 23, 2010

Joining in on a portrait a day! Portrait#1:Janie Leask

As I was checking out some of my favorite local photographer's blogs yesterday I paid particular attention to my friend Nathaniel's at http://ngwphotography.blogspot.com/. Nathaniel, along with many of us in Anchorage, have been following Clark Mishler's blog project in which he's committed to taking a portrait a day for a year. Clark's in the home stretch now and it has been wonderful to follow. (Clark's one of my personal favorites. You can see the project here: http://clarkjamesmishler.com/.)
 Nathaniel decided he'd like to work at being a better portrait artist and committed himself to 30 days of portraits.
 The point is he inspired me to take up the challenge as well. The above portrait is of Janie Leask, CEO of the First Alaskans Institute after a women's league hockey game.
 Available light, 24-70mm F2.8 lens. The only special technique here was setting a custom white balance under the funky arena lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment